THE COMPANY: APICA (www.apicasystem.com)
Founded in 2005 and based in Stockholm, Sweden, Apica is rapidly expanding its global footprint with offices in Santa Monica, New York and London. Apica provides the most effective technology for optimizing the performance of cloud and mobile applications. The Company offers companies and developers easy-to-use, cloud-based load testing and web performance monitoring tools to test applications for capacity, performance, load times and protection from peak loads.
With a global client roster, Apica is providing the highest standard for cloud and mobile application performance management. “Downtime is never an option.”
• 10-year-old profitable technology leader with a global footprint, offering world-class B2B enterprise level SaaS solutions.
• With over 200 point-of-presence (POP) in 85+ countries, Apica can effectively test applications globally.
• Highly experienced executive management team with a proven track record (sold previous company).
• Clients include: Activision, NBA, NFL, Condé Nast, Hearst Publishing, Weight Watchers, Virgin America, Tumblr, Equifax, Rovi, ExactTarget/Salesforce, Rolex, Ikea and 500+ others.
• Partners include: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services, RightScale, Microsoft, Google, HP, Akamai, AppDynamics, Sitecore, and others.
THE POSITION: PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
Apica is looking for a results-oriented Performance Engineer to join the rapidly growing team. Apica’s Performance Engineers are automation experts who translate a variety of customer-defined scenarios into complex customer journeys. The right candidate will be an integral part of Apica’s rapid growth. The ideal candidate is energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and has a strong technical aptitude coupled with phenomenal communication skills.
Be the primary technical resource for Apica customers performing massive load tests.
Utilize your expertise to analyze the results and present recommendations to the customer.
Work closely together with the customer to define success criteria and best practices.
Effectively communicate and consult customers on using Apica’s products and services.
Be a subject matter expert regarding load testing and confidently navigate complex customer environments involving multiple stakeholders to drive results.
Work closely with the Sales Engineers to create solutions for customers.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/ATTRIBUTES
• EDUCATION: BA/BS in a technical discipline highly preferred. A solid understanding of Linux.
• EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5+ years of professional working experience with load testing (LoadRunner, JMeter or equivalent) - ideally in a customer-facing or implementation role.
• MUST have a strong automation background using Selenium IDE or Webdriver.
• Expert level knowledge within IT infrastructures and web applications.
• Have strong project management skills coupled with technical expertise. Java experience a big plus!
• Possess prior experience working with Internet or application infrastructure technologies highly preferred.
• Having knowledge of technology and understanding of web software, content delivery, video streaming, IP transit, and server architecture is a big plus.
• Comfortable communicating with customers and managing their expectations.
• Proven ability to effectively handle customer issues.
• Possess a thorough understanding of requirements and able to effectively document this for customers.
• Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
• Insist on being a product expert, strives to learn and expand your own product knowledge.
• Hands on; completes tasks and dependable.
• An analytical problem solver coupled with relentless determination and results orientation.
• Can thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
• A self-directed professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
• Above all, possess the highest levels of ethics and integrity.
• Competitive compensation.
• Growing company with several career paths.
• A collaborative and team oriented culture with everyone aligned in building a market leading web and mobile application testing and monitoring solution.
• A fun, centrally located office in Santa Monica, CA.