Playa del Rey
THE OPPORTUNITY: Sales Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to bring a technical expertise the pre-sale and post-sale support of our OTT, broadcast and digital solutions. This person will support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The SE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
The ideal candidate should combine deep technical knowledge with sales, account management and creative skills.
For the right candidate, the focus will be to design innovative and creative solutions leveraging deltatre products, skills and experience. During the first period, we guarantee a daily training on the job to understand our value proposition, methodology and experience in the sport domain.
We expect the candidate will be able to create innovative solutions starting from a deep understanding of our value proposition. The role is not limited to gather information from technical and sales people, we are searching for resources with a proactive approach to work.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close”.
- Understanding, managing, interpreting client needs and requirements.
- Write tenders, offers, solution description and technical memos.
- Liaising with sales managers and technical experts.
- Supervise and strategically lead the project delivery teams.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree; engineering or computer science disciplines preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in leading and managing and delivering complex digital media or broadcast projects.
- Understanding of online video streaming systems and OTT video delivery for both live and non-live content types.
- Working knowledge of with hybrid broadcast / OTT technologies OTT platforms, content management systems (CMS) and other back-end platform components, encoding products and CDN delivery.
- Strong technical background in digital media, web marketing and mobile environment and pre-sales skills to develop and position our solutions.
- Understanding of player technologies, including HTML5 / MSE / EME, Silverlight, Flash, Apple TV, Roku, Fire OS, iOS, Android, games consoles and Smart TVs, etc.
- A consultative mindset, with a win-win approach, able to cultivate and maintain partnerships and customer relationships.
- Shows commitment to the company, its stakeholders, and clients; Nurtures and manages strong and lasting relationships with all stakeholders while striving to exceed their expectations.
- Thrives in a global, multi-cultural corporate environment.
WHY DELTATRE ?
For 30 years, deltatre has established themselves as a leader in international media and technology. After recently being acquired by Bruin Sports Capital, deltatre joins a growing and diverse collection of innovative businesses. As deltatre expands into the U.S. market, new employees will play a large role in building out new processes and procedures with executive team members.