VP, Business Development (America's)
Playa del Rey
THE COMPANY: gateB (www.gateb.com)
Strength for the future in strategy, appearance and culture.
Relevance in services, content and interactions.
Intelligence and performance in marketing and operations.
These are the main fields of activity for the Brand Leadership Circle, a global association for brand-oriented business transformation. As part of Brand Leadership Circle, gateB is the fastest growing marketing consulting firms working with leading global companies to improve their marketing efficiency and effectiveness. Headquartered in Switzerland, gateB offers services in consulting, system implementation and enablement in the area of Marketing Analytics and Operations.
· gateB is the fastest growing business unit of the Brand Leadership Circle. With over 250 people, this is the largest association of independently run consulting organizations in Europe.
· A small entrepreneurial team (6) based in Playa Vista, gateB is looking to aggressively grow the business.
· Clients include leading global Fortune 100 brands.
· This is truly both a strategic and tactical opportunity to drive the growth of gateB’s U.S. business.
THE OPPORTUNITY: VP, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (AMERICA'S)
gateB is looking for a very self-directed and accountable professional to define and drive the business development strategy for North America. Working closely with the U.S. CEO, this role will help with the strategic positioning and development of gateB’s US business. The ideal candidate is to own all revenue strategies and initiatives including but not limited to direct sales, channel sales, business development, partnership development and marketing.
This is the truest form of a revenue driving opportunity. Simply, the goal is to take a multi-million dollar business unit and grow it.
· Build and manage entire business development process of gateB’s US business.
· Source, pitch, meet, develop and close revenue opportunities for gateB’s service offerings.
· Strengthen the company’s positioning and messaging as a strategic consultancy for marketing operations.
· Maintain and develop gateB’s marketing operations segment.
· Drive and manage the acquisition of new clients.
· Spearhead all marketing and sales activities to achieve objectives.
· Assume and maintain strong relationship with our preferred technology partners.
· Oversee product and service pricing in alignment with the CEO and senior leadership.
· Proactively execute frequent market and competitive studies to re-assess gateB’s positioning, messaging and offering.
THE REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
· EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or advanced degree in information technology and/or quantitative disciplines such as statistics, applied mathematics, or economics preferred.
· EXPERIENCE:7-10+ years in business or management consulting focused on marketing, brand, strategy or process consulting.
· Sales and business development experience working around analytics and marketing in large national or international companies. International business experience is a huge plus!
· Have a proven track recording of being able to close enterprise business opportunities ranging from $250,000 to $1M+.
· Incredibly smart, yet possess a high level of emotional intelligence to effectively consult, pitch and secure new business opportunities.
· Highly proactive and quickly recognizes optimization potential with our existing and new clients to create new revenue streams.
· Sales and results driven with a high level of confidence in own negotiation skills and persuasiveness with strong professional knowledge.
· You’re a self-directed professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
· Able to travel as needed both domestically and international.
· Above all, possess the highest levels of professional character, integrity and ethics.
Competitive salary:Based on experience and performance with upside.
Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to build and own the business development process expanding gateB’s footprint in the US.
Team: Small, entrepreneurial and collaborative truly understanding the values of working and building while having fun.
Health/Benefits: Great benefits including Medical, 401(k), paid vacation – you name it.
The right gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.