Sr. Data Analyst I
Diamond Bar, CA
THE COMPANY: VERUS FINANCIAL (www.verusfinancial.com)
Since its inception and formation in 2007, Verus Financial has significantly altered the climate of the life insurance industry by bringing some of its biggest players into multi-state settlement agreements and addressing what often seemed to large carriers an innocuous technicality: unclaimed property.
THE OPPORTUNITY: SR. DATA ANALYST
Verus Financial is looking for a dynamic team player to join the Information Technology team. The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for data and insights throughout our entire organization, and will have a tremendous impact to our daily operations.
- Support multiple projects with including data integrity checking, data classification, compiling data statistics, and data normalization
- Demonstrated ability to review data and provided context, identify anomalies, and create actionable insights to support the business.
- Work with business and supervisor to design and develop ad - hoc and standard reports to meet discovery, decision support, and management reporting needs.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of relational database management system, e.g. Microsoft Access Database, Oracle Database Server, and others.
- Prepare and maintain process and procedure documentation.
- Work continuously to improve efficiency and repeat-ability of processes and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar is preferred.
- 4+ years data manipulation with Oracle or other large relational database
- 2+ years experience in Python, R, or comparable technology.
- Ability to plan tasks in a logical and achievable manner.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, has initiative, and can manage several simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work through problems and develop creative solutions
- Familiarity with IBM Infosphere, Tableau, SharePoint, Python
- Ability to use advanced features throughout the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. pivot tables, functions, data imports)
WHY VERUS FINANCIAL?
Verus Financial values a healthy work/life balance, offering comprehensive compensation benefits to all of our employees.