Santa Monica, CA
THE COMPANY: TRADESY (https://www.tradesy.com/)
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for women’s designer fashion that’s pioneering a sustainable future for commerce. Backed by top tier venture capital firms, our mission is to make the resale of consumer goods as simple, safe, and stylish as retail, at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Data Engineer who works closely with other engineers, data scientists, architects and product owners to develop reliable, efficient, and scalable systems.
The ideal candidate enjoys being heavily involved in the planning and design of our data pipelines, storage, warehouses, and applications as we migrate and re-platform our systems from AWS to Google Cloud.
- Build and automate reliable data pipelines using batch and streaming technologies.
- Design and test ETL systems using the latest technologies.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and data scientists to develop data driven applications.
- Become a data warehousing expert (if you aren’t already one!) and work with others to gain key insights
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Coding proficiency in at least one of Java, Python, C++, Go, Scala
- Strong computer science skills with a focus on algorithms and data structures
- Experience querying data using SQL and/or NoSQL
- Familiar with MapReduce and other big data concepts
- Experience with batch processing technologies (ie. Hadoop, Spark, Apache Beam, Flink)
NICE TO HAVE
- Understand trade offs among data formats such as CSV, JSON, Avro, Parquet
- Experience with stream processing technologies such as Apache Beam, Spark Streaming, Flink, Kafka Streams
- ETL experience on AWS using EMR, Firehose, Lambda
- ETL experience on Google Cloud using Dataproc, Cloud Functions, Dataflow
- Experience using a data warehouse such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Familiar with messaging systems such as Kinesis, Kafka, PubSub
- Familiar with automation tools such as Apache Airflow, Luigi, AWS Data Pipeline
PERKS AT TRADESY
- Competitive base salary plus meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Collaborative, fun team