Sr. Software Engineer - C++ 11
Greenlots maintains a broad customer base including Utilities, municipalities and C&I business owners. The Embedded Software Engineer will work with a team of professionals to translate the Greenlots product vision into operational code. Specifically, the Embedded Software Engineer will join a team focused on creating software to manage and operate the Greenlots distributed multi-technology platform. This platform consists of Electric Vehicle Chargers, Battery Energy Storage systems, Renewable Energy and the hardware/software to facilitate control and communication of sites. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Participate in the full software lifecycle from requirements, design, code, to test.
- Interact effectively in a geographically distributed team.
- Conduct module and system level design reviews.
- Develop and test code across an array of hardware architectures.
- Create, maintain and meet project schedules.
- Develop software modules to efficiently meet product objectives and project goals.
- Design and write embedded software as per the requirements
- Maintain and document software and resolutions
- Interact effectively with team members and contribute to team success
- Bachelor degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with both hardware and software desired.
- Experience with Electric Vehicles (EV), EV charging and/or battery systems preferred.
- Track record of delivering reliable and robust products.
- 5+ years of experience working in a development environment
- Mastery of software requirements, architecture and documentation
- Mastery of code maintenance, coding standards, and version control
- Solid software experience in C/C++ required. Java and Python experience preferred.
- Experience working with Linux, networked systems and databases.
- Work in an agile (SCRUM) engineering environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, and cross-functional interface skills
- Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes, analyzing possible solutions, and taking appropriate action