United States (Remote) /
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together to elevate the state of play. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Our flagship product, Aim Lab, is a personalized training platform that helps gamers learn about their strengths and weaknesses and train for the games they love. Aim Lab also has official partnerships with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Riot, Twitch, Ubisoft, Xbox, and more!
Aim Lab has over 20 million players around the world and is available for free on Steam. Our latest release, Aim Lab Mobile, is available for free for both Android and iOS devices in the Google Play store and Apple App store.
Do you have a non-traditional background? Have you ever been described as weird? Do you have an underdog mentality? If so, welcome home, we’d love for you to join our team!
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule. The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to.”
We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
US Employee Benefits:
-401k plan + employer match
-Medical, Dental, and Vision contributions up to 100%
-Flexible Spending Account + Dependent Care Account
-Employer-paid life insurance & Long-term Disability
-12-week paid leave for new parents
Canadian Employee Benefits:
-Paramedical care; Including acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, physiotherapy, therapist, and psychologist care
Medical, Dental, and Vision contributions up to 100%
-Prescription drugs; 100% coverage, no deductible
-Global Medical Assistance Program
-Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income Benefit
All other international employees are onboarded through our hybrid EOR (Oyster HR); To learn more about the benefits we offer within your country, please visit - https://www.oysterhr.com/health-benefits (Please keep in mind that unless it is a statutory benefit, benefits are subject to change)
What We're Looking for
Statespace is seeking a VP of Finance to join our team!
The Vice President of Finance will report to the CEO and serve as a key member of the senior leadership team. The VP of Finance will also partner with other members of the executive team to support the development of the company’s strategy and will oversee all financial activities. Their responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the accounting, budgeting and forecasting, cash management, financial reporting, risk management, and tax functions.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of financial reporting across multiple entities including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual business line and consolidated financial statements comparative to annual budget and semi-annual forecasts.
- Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to guide insight into operational efficiency for each business, client level profitability, and overall financial reporting.
- Proactively work with the team to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness. Streamline monthly processes that are used within finance and accounting.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and contribute to special projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders including Operations, Legal, and HR to drive process improvement throughout the organization.
- Provide financial guidance and support on contracts, agreements, proposals and liaise with General Counsel when necessary.
- Manage key third-party relationships and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, including banking, audit and tax.
- Manage internal and external audits of various types.
- Balancing the tactical financial and administrative requirements of the business and the forward thinking, strategic demands of operational and financial planning and budgeting, business analytics, cash flow management and investment/ROI analysis.
- Overseeing the entire financial strategy and working closely with the CEO and executive team.
- Evaluating, improving and maintaining systems and controls for billing and accounts receivables, credit management, and sales reporting and analysis.
- Creating departmental budgets, and compensation bands.
- Global start-up environments.
- 10 - 15+ years’ experience in a Financial or Accounting role.
- Proven track record in finance, including reporting, tax compliance and accounting.
- Worked with fast-growth tech companies and scaled financial and accounting operations.
- Able to work with and manage remote teams.
- Experience leading fundraising efforts in a tech company.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- $220,000 - $280,000 commensurate with experience and location.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan + employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision contributions up to 100%
- FSA + DCA
- Employer-paid life insurance & LTD
- 12-week paid leave for new parents
We believe in hiring the best, and the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.