Manager, Performance Marketing & Revenue Management
D. Alexander is an early-stage high growth company that is backed by world-class category leader investors and founded by proven entrepreneurs. The company is a pioneering hospitality brand that owns and manages a portfolio of single-family vacation rental properties, operated as a boutique hotel, with a consistent and technology-enabled experience in every home.
D. Alexander is capitalizing on a gap in the ‘alternative-stayʼ vacation market, the fastest-growing segment of lodging. Technology has changed the way that single-family homes are bought, sold, valued and managed and a new asset class is emerging, driven by the likes of Airbnb, Vrbo and more. This evolution has presented a unique opportunity for those with the resources and deep domain knowledge in short-term rentals to change the way that groups travel. As a result, D. Alexander is pioneering a new hospitality model and is well-positioned to lead the category.
Your Role: Overseeing performance marketing and revenue management, this position will focus on making data-driven decisions with the end goal of driving maximum revenue and occupancy rates. With a keen eye towards the details, the Manager of PMRM will operate under the mantra of “do more with less”, optimizing the growth strategy on the OTA’s, measuring outcomes and adapting to the consumer. The Manager of PMRM is an expert in creating and executing marketing strategies designed to drive measurable growth. Working closely with D. Alexander’s executive management and other key stakeholders, the Manager of PMRM is responsible for driving buzz and excitement around D. Alexander’s assets, converting more guests and carrying out D. Alexander’s mission of creating unforgettable experiences in memorable places. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an early-stage high growth business that is poised to create an entirely new asset category and change hospitality as we know it today.
In the 1st Month, you will…
· Take a deep dive into our customer experience-first approach, learn all of the benefits of staying at a D. Alexander destination home and the value we strive to deliver.
· Rely on your deep knowledge and experience across performance marketing channels to drive scale, optimize performance and increase guest bookings.
· Learn and get familiar with all other internal systems including but not limited to our property management platform, website platform, salesforce, and guest services platforms.
· Begin to formulate a list of reliable contractors to provide on-site services such as photography and videography.
· Study every asset in the portfolio to be able to best list on the OTA’s.
Sharpen your skills in Month 2 by…
· Employing a data-driven strategy in order to build and execute a digital marketing roadmap across multiple guest-centered channels.
· Playing a central role in new property rollouts, capturing the key elements and using the elements to tell a story of each listing.
· Conduct research by market to analyze supply and demand of rental home inventory, average nightly rates on comparative properties and occupancy rates.
· Gather insights on traveler buying behavior and identify key insights including but not limited to the average lead time to booking, the ratio of bookings by OTA and non-OTA sources, unique in-market partnership opportunities to drive bookings outside of the OTAs or company-owned assets.
· Evaluate dynamic pricing platforms and strategies and deploy methods to maximize gross bookings.
· Leveraging your expertise in pricing accordingly, marketing each property to increase guest bookings.
Execute in Month 3 by...
· Looking at the details, and pulling out big pictures and themes.
· Formulate big ideas from data and analytics.
· Flagging any key learnings and implement solutions that drive bookings.
· Guiding our PR/Marketing strategy to drive maximum revenue through a variety of channels including social media, email and content creation.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
· Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Marketing Analytics or Communication
· 2+ years in a B2C digital marketing role with a data-driven mindset
· Experience creating brand awareness and customer acquisition
· A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
· Highly responsible, reliable and collaborativeHighly responsive, action and solution-oriented
· High proficiency in the English language (verbal and written)
· Must possess outstanding Sales skills, Guest service skills, professional presentation, and sophisticated communication skills
· Strong understanding of Google Suite and other mainstream software tools or apps
· Early-stage startup experience is a plus
· Hospitality or short-term rental industry (Airbnb/Vrbo) experience is required
· Experience with PMS systems (Guesty, Streamline), OTAs (Airbnb/VRBO), and other vacation rental software products is required
· Experience in implementing dynamic pricing strategies and or utilizing the leading marketing intelligence and pricing platforms (AirDNA, Wheelhouse, PriceLabs, BeyondPricing, PerfectPrice)
· Experience in SEO, organic search, paid advertising and google strategies is a plus
· Demonstrate a high-level understanding of the short-term rental and hospitality industries