Real Estate Investment Analyst
Denver, CO /
D. Alexander is a vertically integrated real estate fund that owns and operates portfolios of single-family destination homes, operated like a boutique hotel, delivering a consistent, tech-enabled experience in every home.
On a mission to create a new real estate asset class, D. Alexander owns and operates Destination Homes in drivable destination oriented markets and optimizes performance through pioneering techniques and investments strategies that are insulated from economic shifts.
The Real Estate Investment Analyst will provide analysis and support for potential residential real estate investment/acquisition opportunities that align with the D. Alexander investment thesis, producing maximum returns and a low downside risk profile. Once assets are under management, the candidate will assist with the ongoing analysis of the operations and performance during the stabilization period with opportunity to lead ongoing analysis of the portfolio to large scale.
- Work with executive leadership to model and validate dynamic investments theses leveraging 3rd party and proprietary market data.
- Work daily with property specific information to determine potential investment returns and forecasted returns.
- Construct, manipulate, and continuously modify Excel-based models to calculate returns including IRR, NPV, and cash returns, both on a property level basis, as well as D. Alexander Capital Fund I and II returns.
- Analyze market trends across real estate asset classes and apply company performance metrics to create and deliver sound investment thesis that align with overarching company goals and vision.
- Aid in joint ventures and transaction processes and complete due diligence on prospective acquisitions.
- Source, organize, synthesize, manage, maintain and produce information regarding target geographical markets and target property types.
- Prepare and review a range of analysis regarding existing portfolio of properties, including budgets, operating data, comparative market analysis and internal and external market research studies.
- Work with property and operational management teams to ensure proper execution of business plan and KPIs.
- Support ad hoc group activities including research projects, new supply/competition reports, potential dispositions, expense analysis, contract analysis, and budget vs. actual comparisons.
- Administrative support including organizing and maintaining deal pipeline and data, while supporting other organizational responsibilities such as confidentiality policy and documentation.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in the performance of senior analytical responsibilities.
- Lead and oversee real estate analyst initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure that workflow and information is being delivered efficiently, timely, and accurately.
- Track relevant rental markets with a focus on the alternative stay sectors (e.g. VRBO, Airbnb) and apply key learnings.
- Act as the initial reviewer on work submitted by other financial constituents, to validate findings that are error free and ready for presentation.
Desired Skills & Expertise
· 3-5 years experience in or creation of 50-100 real estate fund modeling, portfolio acquisition forecasting, and GP / LP waterfall structures which can include preferred returns, simultaneous or LP first return with catchup, accrual until a particular date, options for LPs or GPs within, 3 tier IRR, or various forms of equity and distributions caps.
· A strong understanding of macro-economics and institutional financing vehicles would be a plus.