Director of Insurance Product Development
Austin, TX or Overland Park, KS /
Insurance Operations /
Steadily is an insurtech startup building a full-stack insurance service for landlords. We’re fast, affordable, and amazing at customer service. Our customers love being insured by us, even when they have a claim.
Come build our insurance products from the ground up working directly with the President and VP of Insurance.
What you'll do
- Run point with regulators during the carrier admissions process
- Shape initial rate plan filings
- Negotiate reinsurance treaties
- Work with actuarial advisors to create novel underwriting factors
- Pick vendors and software to make our customer experience better
- Hire a stellar team
- Experienced: you’ve worked your way up through the ranks of an admitted carrier with at least 8 years in product management or underwriting. Significant regulatory experience within a carrier is a strict requirement.
- Builder: you’ve launched a new insurance product previously and understand what that entails.
- Digital: you know how to set up a fully-automated quote and bind product without human underwriters in the loop.
- Hungry: you want to make the leap into an early-stage tech startup to rapidly accelerate your growth.
- We believe in paying top-of-market to attract the best person for each role; the ideal candidate would be offered at least $150,000/year in salary. However, the compensation package is usually the second reason people choose to join a startup. The primary reason is they want to experience the growth that comes from pouring your heart and soul into building something that people love. That’s what we do.
Things to consider
- Our offices are located in Austin and Kansas City. We expect our leaders to relocate to one of these locations within a few months of joining our team, but we occasionally make exceptions.
- This won't be easy. We work extremely hard to sustain our execution velocity and have sky-high expectations of each other. This fact is itself a huge reward: getting to work with other individuals as talented and hardworking as you.
We’re excited to meet you!
To help with search discovery, here are some other job title searches this role is relevant for: Program Manager, Product Manager, Product, Development Manager, Risk Director, Underwriting Manager, Operations Director