Business – Finance Operations /
Join a team that’s building the missing network for global trade.
At Stedi, we’re building one of the last missing pieces of global infrastructure: a commercial trading network to automate the trillions of dollars in B2B transactions exchanged by every company on Earth.
We are working on a developer-focused software platform, and since great software is built by great people, hiring is one of the most important things we do. Our team is globally-distributed across 12 different countries and growing. We are fully remote and aim to build a stellar organization where everyone can do the best work of their careers. Learn more about how we work in the Stedi Standards.
Stedi has raised $71 million in funding and is backed by top investors that include Stripe, Addition, USV, and First Round Capital.
Stedi is looking for a Controller to join as a foundational member of our financial operations team. You will partner across the organization to ensure we are building for scale, provide technical accounting expertise, and improve financial processes.
What you'll do
- Oversee all areas of accounting. As our Controller, you’ll be responsible for leading all aspects of accounting -- from payroll and AP, revenue recognition, tax, and compliance. You’ll help bring accounting in-house and tighten our multi-currency and multi-subsidiary month-end close process.
- Build scalable systems and processes for our global team. You’ll manage and build the financial foundation across banking, bookkeeping, and expense management to ensure our finances are accurate and the business can effectively scale. You’ll carefully launch processes and policies that increase controls while not slowing the business down.
- Influence company strategy. You firmly believe that accounting is a strategic function and will proactively take steps to shape the future of the business. From financing strategy to vendor negotiations -- you seamlessly transition across operational and strategic workstreams.
- You’ll prepare the company for an audit. We have lofty aspirations at Stedi and want to ensure that accounting is scaling appropriately with the business. You’ll proactively take steps to prepare the company for an audit.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring great people and removing any obstacles that get in their way. You’ll be given full autonomy to own our financials, build out the accounting function, and tackle ambitious projects that shape the future of the business.
Who you are
- You are an experienced accounting leader. You have 7+ years of accounting experience across a variety of disciplines and have expert knowledge of Netsuite, consolidations, month-end close process, US GAAP, and IFRS. CPA preferred.
- You have helped scale an accounting function at a high-growth startup. You have experience building from the ground up and understand what “best in class” looks like at scale.
- You have a track record of influencing company strategy. You proactively perform strategic analysis and make recommendations that shape the future of the business. You take a first-principles approach to solving challenges to arrive at the best outcome for our business.
- You create and execute your own work. You thrive in ambiguity and enjoy rolling up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is. You understand how to prioritize and ask for help when it’s needed.
- You take pride in what you do. Integrity is one of your core values and you care deeply about building and automating financial operation practices for the long term.
What we offer
Top of market pay
Competitive equity package
401(k) plan (US employees)
Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% coverage for you (US employees)
Unlimited paid vacation (we encourage and support frequent time away)
Virtual work environment
Work from home equipment reimbursement (buy what you need)
Internet bill coverage
Daily food stipend
Book and learning reimbursement
Stedi is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.