Austin, TX (Remote OK)
Our full-stack engineering team builds every piece of software that _isn't_ the blockchain. This includes the web application at https://steemit.com, as well as a bunch of really interesting microservices that transport data to and from the blockchain daemon itself.
Every full-stack engineer at Steemit brings a unique set of skills, knowledge, and interests when they join our organization. Through teamwork they expand these horizons and contribute to every part of our stack, including building user interface components, adding APIs to client libraries, and scaling out our backend services to handle the traffic volume of a first-tier social sharing application.
At Steemit, software development is a team exercise. Our engineers work together to plan and implement great solutions to interesting problems, delivering fully functional features to our consumers every two weeks or even more often than that.
- As members of an engineering team, estimating the relative complexity of features planned for implementation and planning their implementation.
- Writing code in several different programming languages to implement features and fix defects that are both user-facing and service-oriented.
- Reviewing proposed changes to our codebase by other engineers or community members and providing useful feedback.
- Working with DevOps engineers to deploy applications to our platform.
- Setting up and maintaining automatic software building and testing.
- Diagnosing issues and failures in production services and assisting DevOps staff in repairs.
Technologies and Skills Preferred
- Planning with Scrum
To all recruitment agencies: Steemit does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Steemit employees or any other company contact. Steemit is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.