Senior Platform Engineer (San Francisco)
Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? Stellar Development Foundation is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on platform engineer to join our team. In this role you’ll be designing, building, and implementing the services that enable the global digital payments experience. The Stellar platform team owns all functionality and services that sit above the core network and enables developers from all over the world to build Stellar applications.
SOME PROJECTS YOU MIGHT WORK ON INCLUDE….
• Designing new platform functionality with corresponding APIs for external developers
• Identify patterns in developer needs and design new protocols and components to help speed up the ability of the ecosystem to deliver Stellar applications
• Implementing a distributed currency exchange which supports a wide range of features for a high volume of users
• Assisting in various integration projects to connect money transfer operators with the Stellar network
• Build and maintain web scale services to support the foundation’s charter (coin distribution, adoption and well being of the network
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Own the vision, planning, implementation, debugging, testing, and deployment of new products
- Design new architectures, subsystems and protocols, working with the CTO, other senior Engineers and the developer community
- Help to hit critical product milestones by writing clean, maintainable code
- Collaborate with product managers and front end engineers
- Help communicate and implement best practices for platform engineering
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 4+ years real-world experience developing software
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Strong experience writing server applications in languages such as Go, Rust, C#, Java or C++.
- Experience in supporting a production internet facing service
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience building components that are reusable, extensible, and modular
- Ability to leverage the power of frameworks and pre-processors but are not reliant on them
- Knowledge of best practices and development tools
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Enthusiasm for working on a small, growing team in a startup environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Direct experience with or strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
The Stellar network is an open payment platform that allows individuals, businesses, and institutions anywhere in the world to send money in any currency at a very low cost. Stellar Development Foundation's goal is to transform financial systems by making money as easy to send as an email. The Stellar network is a peer-to-peer distributed global database, often referred to as blockchain technology. We have chosen to keep our code open-source in order to promote an inclusive software ecosystem that anyone can build upon and use.