Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager
Interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development and Partnerships expert to join our team. In this role, you'll be engaging directly with the global network of Stellar users as a primary point of contact for the SDF. You’ll be providing support to strategic ecosystem initiatives, vetting potential projects and businesses, and take a key role in helping define the SDF’s strategy around interfacing with our large and growing ecosystem. Most importantly, you will be growing the world of blockchain and supporting the SDF mission of creating equitable access to the global financial system.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for business inquiries exploring Stellar as a blockchain solution for their business or project
- Take the lead on strategic collaborations, serving as the liaison between partners and the SDF while providing project management and/or business development support as required
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contributors to the Stellar ecosystem by providing ongoing support and maintaining open and positively managed lines of communication
- Work with the grants, community and marketing teams to support the launch and execution of new programs and initiatives for engaging with our global partners
- Propose new ways in which the Foundation can provide systemic support and opportunities for the ecosystem of companies building on Stellar
- Represent the Foundation at select conferences and events throughout the world
- You have 3+ years of experience working in partnerships or customer success
- You have a deep understanding and experience in blockchain
- You have experience with payments or in the financial technology space
- You’re willing to travel 25% of the time
- You have significant experience working with external stakeholders to execute projects and/or business negotiations
- You thrive in an environment where you’re an active participant in cross-functional projects
- You’re a natural at strategic and analytical thinking, and you know how to solve a host of problems on your feet
- You’ve managed many projects from start to finish, including setting the initial vision, driving execution, and reporting on the ultimate outcomes
- You’re an exceptional writer and have excellent verbal communication skills
- You have a high degree of technical aptitude and you have a passion for Stellar's technology
- You have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and financial inclusion
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders while having a high degree of accountability and autonomy
- You're flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Bonus points if:
- You have additional experience in project management, business development, or entrepreneurship
- You’ve lived or worked abroad at some point in your career
- You can speak more than one language fluently
- You're curious and tenacious, with an infectiously positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to being successful
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.