Lead Product Designer
New York City
Help us remake the world’s financial system. The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Lead Product Designer to join our Brooklyn team.
Product Designers at SDF are responsible for creating our beautiful and usable interfaces across a variety of apps and websites. We believe that design elegance is too often neglected in the world of financial tools. People—even traders!—should love the platform they use, and we infuse that thinking into everything we create.
As a Lead Product Designer at SDF, you'll collaborate closely with Front-End Engineers and Product Engineers and have a direct hand our most important product decisions.
- Iterate on many different design approaches to solve any one problem.
- Take napkin sketches and wireframes to beautifully polished designs that are consistent across web and mobile platforms
- Collaborate with Front-End Engineers and throughout the design process.
- Craft icons, logos, and illustrations in either Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Build and evolve the new Stellar visual design language.
- Lead and manage a variety of products.
- Be intimately concerned with the delicate balance between functionality, usability, and aesthetics.
- A keen eye for details
- An understanding of what makes a great user experience
- A strong visual design background, with a portfolio to back it up
- An obsession with form and color and beauty
- Deep experience with large-scale, widely-used products
- A fundamental understanding of how to make complex information easily understandable
- An ability to work independently and set your own priorities
You get excited by:
- Rapid iteration
- Interfaces that wow without being over-designed
- Subtle details that take products from good to great
- Passionate teammates who inspire you to do your best work
- Working with a new technology that has the potential to change the world of finance and remittance
The technologies we use:
- Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator for crafting designs
- Abstract for design feedback & version control
- Asana for task management
- Free lunches
- Create your very ideal workstation
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Open vacation policy - we don't track days
- Relocation support
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” - building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.