Communication & Events Manager
Interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Communication & Events Manager to join our team. In this role, you'll be supporting the Foundation’s outreach and communication activities, including management of the Foundation’s digital communication strategy and leading outreach and operations for global events.
- Oversee the Foundation’s digital communication, with an emphasis on email engagement, including management of the Foundation’s email database, development of user segments and targeted outreach.
- Build outreach programs to support specific marketing objectives across various channels and segments in support of the SDF's overall strategic objectives.
- Evaluate the impact of outreach programs in achieving their stated objectives, measuring engagement and other metrics of value.
- Support the execution of global Stellar events, hosted or supported by the Foundation, including a large annual conference.
- Work with the Partnerships and Community teams in launching new programs or developing creative ways to engage, educate and connect the Stellar community.
- Propose and manage marketing research projects to generate user insights in support of improved marketing, communication and engagement.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in marketing or communications strategy.
- You have experience building marketing campaigns in a data-driven manner - in particular, working with the direct response market.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you have a proven ability to successfully engage internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a high degree of technical aptitude and you have a passion for Stellar's technology.
- You're great at identifying projects that are a great fit for Stellar and finding unique ways to invest in them.
- You have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and financial inclusion.
- You have experience or strong interest in event planning.
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders while having a high degree of accountability and autonomy.
- You're flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Bonus points if:
- You've worked with entrepreneurs and business owners throughout your career.
- You have creative experience, either professionally or as a hobbyist.
- You can speak more than one language fluently.
- You're curious and tenacious, with an infectiously positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to being successful.
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” - building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.