Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
New York City
Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on engineer to join our team. In this role you’ll be designing, building, and implementing changes to Stellar Core - the primary distributed system that is used for maintaining Stellar's ledger and obtaining global consensus.
As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of problems focused on growing and scaling our global network. This includes inventing semantics to enable new possibilities for participants of the network, writing features that promote the growth of our peer to peer network of validators, facilitating scalability towards fast and reliable transactions, and keeping the network protected against bad actors across a wide variety of security vectors.
- Be involved with all aspects of the development process for platform projects - from vision to final implementation.
- Design new platform functionality with the corresponding APIs for external developers.
- Build and maintain web services to support the foundation’s mission (increasing network participation, enabling lumen distribution, and highlighting the stability of the network).
- Identify patterns in developer needs and design new protocols and services to increase developer velocity across our entire ecosystem.
- Engage with our community of open source developers on projects that encompass many different frameworks, languages, and ideas.
- Collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Investigate and refactor performance bottlenecks in order to continue scaling our API services.
- Provide assistance and guidance for our integration projects with our partners and other organizations on the Stellar network.
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of our RFC processes.
Bonus Points If:
- You generally enjoy working on a wide variety of smaller projects as opposed to regularly creating features in a single large system.
- You have a strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies, and understand the fundamentals of these systems.
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.