SDF is seeking a seasoned Corporate Controller to lead the company's accounting function and to help scale and support the business growth. This position reports to the CEO/ED and is responsible for leading the accounting, auditing and reporting of Lumens held by SDF, tax, and financial reporting activities and will implement the controls, processes, and systems to enable us to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as we scale.
- Make decisions on complex accounting areas, including asset allocation, administration of Lumen grants and investments.
- Coordinate all audit activity, including preparation of annual financial statements; manage timely filing of all required filings
- Plan and manage the timely filing of tax returns and other statutory filings
- Continue to improve upon current system of documented internal controls, policies and infrastructure to scale with the business
- Oversee risk management; prevent and mitigate Company's exposures, manage insurance coverage
- Ability to understand company's strategic direction and translate that to accounting and control implications and be proactive in driving those changes
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting /Finance and CPA is required
- Background and understanding of digital currency
- 10 plus years of progressive accounting management experience, including experience in a Big-4 accounting firm and in public technology companies preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to FP&A is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Experience in accounting systems implementation and integration would be an advantage
- Ability to multi-task, be a hands-on leader
- Experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance is preferred
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.