Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Community Manager to join our team. In this role, you’ll be Stellar’s champion in its various online communities, supporting the individuals and organizations that comprise Stellar’s ecosystem worldwide. You’ll be formative in defining our community strategy, and will be one of the primary voices of SDF throughout our community channels.
As our community manager, you'll have the opportunity to directly empower Stellar's global community by building resources, supporting participants in our ecosystem, and expanding knowledge of the Stellar network.
- Monitor and moderate all of Stellar’s community channels - you’ll ensure that Stellar’s community is an open and welcoming one.
- Establish a pulse on discussions regarding Stellar and compile feedback from around the web for SDF leadership.
- Grow engagement across all of our social channels.
- Monitor email, forms, and social media to provide support and resources to our community.
- Generate educational and informative content for our website.
- Educate the community on the Stellar network as a highly visible member of SDF’s team.
- Collaborate with our head of growth to develop and track our engagement programs.
- Help build and scale our team of volunteer moderators and community ambassadors.
- You have at least 2 years of community and/or social media management experience.
- You have a deep understanding of blockchain technology and the cryptocurrency space.
- You are adept in the ever-changing landscape of collaborative and social tools (Slack, Keybase, Discord, Google Suite, etc.).
- You are well-versed in writing, editing, and breaking down abstract concepts to a diverse audience.
- You have experience working with web analytics tools and managing social media platforms (Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- You understand current social trends and you understand how to maintain and grow a thriving community when presented with both positive and negative sentiment.
- You can think on your feet, and solve problems creatively and rationally within the community - often with little lead time.
Bonus points if:
- You’re creative when it comes to creating initiatives and rewarding members of the community.
- You have excellent self-initiative and believe that no task is too small.
- You’re always interested in new technology and excited to adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
- You love talking to people and bringing positivity to others!
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” - building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.