Software Engineer (Platform)
Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for an engineer who’s passionate about creating a solid, scalable, highly ergonomic platform that the Stellar ecosystem uses to build next generation financial apps.
On our team, you’ll be able to tackle all kinds of intriguing challenges, including distributed systems, achieving high scalability, cryptography, API & protocol design, a wide range of web technologies, data analytics, real-time systems, and security.
- You have 1+ years of real-world software engineering experience
- You’re a strong problem solver and fast learner
- You’re compassionate, collaborative, and deeply care for the people around you
- You’re passionate about top quality code and using the latest best practices
- You’re mission driven
- You build software with your users and their needs top of mind
- You enjoy shipping products, measuring value to users, and iterating
- You love building open source software
What you might work on
- Horizon: our open source Go API server that makes it easy to build apps on Stellar
- Cutting-edge financial apps that give individuals in developing countries power over their finances
- Protocols and reference implementations that help organizations building on Stellar work together
- Trading bots like Kelp
- Dozens of other tools and systems that make developing diverse financial apps on Stellar as ergonomic as possible
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.