Visual Brand and Marketing Designer
Stellar is looking for a skilled visual designer to lead the design work for our expanded marketing initiatives. This role reports into the Chief Marketing Officer in San Francisco.
- Design for a wide range of projects including printed marketing collateral, web, email, social medial, and digital advertising to create a consistent brand imprint across all marketing touchpoints
- Work closely with the marketing team to scale and amplify the Stellar brand in new ways
- Help define and extend Stellar’s visual language and implementation across our online and offline channels
- Partner with a cross-functional team (marketing, design, engineering) to build work across all marketing channels
- Leverage marketing performance data to drive future creative execution
- Ideally, at least 3-5 years of experience in graphic design or related field
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of typography, composition, color (illustration, animation, UX/UI are a plus)
- Dynamic portfolio showcasing a refined design aesthetic across both print and digital media
- A wide range of experience rooted in creating compelling marketing collateral, social media graphics and banners, email campaigns, deck templates, and product graphics
- A strong sense of the brand and brand guidelines while also looking for ways to innovate and push the brand forward
- Experience designing and optimizing landing pages (specific experience with Unbounce, Hubspot, Marketo or similar platforms a plus)
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Are a naturally curious, creative problem solver, constantly experimenting, and honing your design skills
- Have experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to deliver assets and optimize for all iterations needed
- Are a fun, creative individual who isn't afraid to think outside the box
- Feel comfortable working in lean environments against numerous deadlines
- Feel comfortable multi-tasking/working on multiple projects at once
- Are a flexible thinker who can move easily between projects that vary greatly in scope and type, while being able to prioritize and manage accordingly
- Are a clear communicator with a positive "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude
Nice to haves:
- Fintech experience
- Animation, photography, and image retouching skills
- Experience building websites using Webflow
- Make strategic recommendations to drive engagement, impressions, and brand awareness based on analytics
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.