Spanish Language Content Writer & Translator
New York City
Stellar is looking for a Spanish Language Content Writer & Translator to help us translate existing content and create new pieces and materials.
The writing you will create or translate is wide-ranging: from editorial about technology, finance, and blockchain; to product-focused explainers, documentation, and guides; to punchy marketing copy.
The ideal candidate will be versatile and comfortable moving between writing styles and subject matter. You not only need to be a talented and experienced writer, but you must also be able to communicate with internal stakeholders, and translate their perspectives and input into highly consumable written content.
Above all, this position offers the opportunity to create content that shapes the brand and voice for Stellar. We’re looking for someone who will bring a spirit of creativity, agility, and uncommon thinking to make our content and our technology stand out from the crowd. The role will be roughly evenly divided between translation of existing content and the creation of new writing.
- Native fluency in Spanish
- Fluency in English
- 5+ years of writing experience
- A diverse portfolio of writing samples
- Experience writing copy for multiple target demographics
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, consumable prose
- Experience writing on the topics of finance or technology
- Experience with Mexican and/or Argentinian audiences
- Experience managing assets in a content management system (CMS) or other type of repository
- Strong communication, project management, and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Experience creating content for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Write compelling marketing copy for a variety of mediums: webpages, blog posts and articles, reports and whitepapers, presentations and infographics, scripts for videos, and more
- Translate and localize marketing copy from English to Spanish (not vice versa) for a variety of mediums: webpages, blog posts and articles, reports and whitepapers, presentations and infographics, scripts for videos, and more
- Produce quality copy quickly, efficiently, and against deadlines
- Collaborate with designers, video editors, and other creatives to create visuals that bring your writing to life
- Research topics, such as specific personas and industries and technologies, in order to create copy that speaks authentically to our audience
- Incorporate SEO best practices into writing, including the integration of keywords and in-line links
- Manage an editorial calendar of ongoing content projects
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to understand our content needs, and use those learnings to provide input on our strategy for prioritizing, packaging, and delivering content to the right audience on the right channels
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.