Tech Lead/Manager (Platform)
We are seeking a talented and highly technical Tech Lead/Manager to join our fast growing team. In this role you will help scale, both in terms of adoption and usage, the Stellar network by leading the platform team. You will help us build a work culture that fosters continuous learning and growth. This is a highly technical, hands on role, where you’ll be shipping production code and conducting code reviews. The Stellar platform team owns all functionality and services that sit above the core network and enables developers from all over the world to build Stellar applications.
What you'll do:
- Drive the technical vision, roadmap and execution for the platform of the Stellar Network
- Build the technical and cultural foundations of our engineering team
- Initiate, drive and own your projects from inception to post-launch
- Continuously test and refine components of the Stellar Network
- Design new architectures, subsystems and protocols, working with the CTO, senior engineers and the developer community
- Author and review detailed technical features and protocol (RFC) specifications
- Help communicate and implement best practices in engineering leadership and transparency
- Help grow the team, both by fostering a culture of stellar developers and hiring the best
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering leadership experience in an agile environment
- 10+ years real-world experience developing software
- Entrepreneurial minded who have scaled unique technology or products and thrive in a high paced environment
- Flexible to react to changing priorities and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline driven environment
- Have deep interest in blockchain technology, FinTech, and global payments
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Strong experience writing server applications in languages such as Go, Rust, C#, Java or C++.
- Experience in supporting a production internet facing service
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience building components that are reusable, extensible, and modular
- Enthusiasm for working on a small, growing team in a startup environment
Who you are:
- You're passionate about revolutionizing global payments
- You can be a vocal advocate for a global community of partners and third party developers.
- You're able to balance conflicting demands—optimizing for the short- and long-term, for end-users and business sponsors, for foundational technologies and bespoke applications, etc.—and can communicate clearly about such trade-offs
Stellar's aim is to be a global platform. To build that platform, we need the widest possible diversity within our team. We look for smart, empathetic, and humble team members to bring a variety of viewpoints to the table.
Who we are:
The Stellar network is an open payment platform that allows individuals, businesses, and institutions anywhere in the world to send money in any currency at a very low cost. Stellar's goal is to transform financial systems by making money as easy to send as an email. The Stellar network is a peer-to-peer distributed global database, often referred to as blockchain technology. We have chosen to keep our code open-source in order to promote an inclusive software ecosystem that anyone can build upon and use. At Stellar, we don’t care what school you went to; we care about what you did. Send us your Github or portfolio and show us what you can do!