Platform Engineering Team Lead
Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and highly technical engineering team lead to join our fast growing team. In this role, you'll be responsible for growing and leading our Platform team, which owns the development of the tools and services that empower Stellar's ecosystem. You will help scale the Stellar network's adoption and usage through your efforts and empower engineers at SDF by fostering continuous learning and growth. You'll be a role model in engineering best practices and code reviews, and you'll enable developers all over the world to build on top of the Stellar network.
- Drive the technical vision, roadmap and execution for tools and services that encompass the platform of the Stellar Network.
- Develop and mentor engineers on the Platform team, and help them advance in their careers.
- Grow the Platform team by recruiting world-class engineers, from initial outreach to closing.
- Work closely with members of the Platform engineering team in scoping new tools, services, and open source software that grows and facilitates our developer community.
- Build the technical and cultural foundations of our Platform engineering team, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Identify patterns in developer needs and design new protocols and services to increase developer velocity across our entire ecosystem.
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of our RFC processes.
- You have 5+ years of hands-on engineering leadership experience in a fast-paced environment.
- You've been programming and building software for most of your professional career and you have a deep understanding of software design and implementation.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and you thrive in fast-paced environments with unique technical challenges.
- You have a deep interest in blockchain technology, financial innovation, and global payments.
- You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have a lot of experience writing server applications in languages such as Go, Rust, C#, Java or C++.
- You've built production web services and applications with a large and growing set of users.
- You're an excellent communicator and a role model when it comes to technical discussions - especially during the design and code review process.
- You're enthusiastic about helping build a small, growing organization while working on a wide variety of challenges.
- You're open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.