Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? Stellar Development Foundation is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on DevOps engineer to join our team. In this role you will be maintaining and ensuring the reliability of our core systems.
What you'll do:
- Maintain and support existing infrastructure.
- Scale systems through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and response times.
- Build and configure new environments as necessary for internal/external projects.
- Provide support and services to the development teams and the wider business.
- Monitor, triage and respond to alerts in our 24/7/365 environment.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud based systems operations, preferably as a Linux systems administrator or DevOps engineer.
- Good debugging and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of computer networking, TCP/UDP, distributed computing, web services and common internet protocols.
- Strong infrastructure and application monitoring skills.
- Strong scripting skills (Ruby, Perl, Python and shell scripting).
- Ability to write maintainable code that is reusable, extensible, and modular.
- First-hand experience with deployment technologies such as Docker and Puppet.
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a small, growing team in a startup environment.
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” - building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!