Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on DevOps Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be ensuring the reliability of our services, building infrastructure to enable our team's production and testing environments, and greasing the rails of our systems to ensure they're robust, efficient, and easy to deploy.
- Assist our development teams in maintaining and supporting our existing infrastructure.
- Scale our production and staging systems through automation with industry standard tools.
- Build additional functionality into our operations stack that improves ease-of-use, reliability, and dev ops response times.
- Monitor, triage and respond to alerts in our 24/7/365 environment.
- Debug production incidents, and be an invaluable asset to our development teams in a crisis.
- Configure new environments for a growing set of external and internal projects.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and ensure that the foundation for our services is best-in-class.
- You have 3+ years of experience of working in cloud-based systems operations, preferably as a Linux systems administrator or DevOps engineer.
- You're a natural at troubleshooting and debugging - no issue is impossible to solve.
- You have a deep understanding of computer networking, TCP/UDP, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- You're familiar with the wide variety of application monitoring tools that exist and you know how to utilize them in tandem to make world-class production infrastructure.
- You're an expert in at least one scripting language and you are familiar with a few (Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash, etc.).
- You have first-hand experience with deployment technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.), preferably Docker and Puppet.
- You're always willing to do what it takes to help your teammates - especially in stressful situations.
- You're enthusiastic about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy.
- You're open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” - building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.