Head of People & Culture
Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on Head of Human Resources. In this role you'll partner with internal stakeholders, create competitive compensation levels, lead the Learning & Development functions and maintain the overall culture of a fast growth startup.
What You’ll Do:
As the Head of Human Resources you are responsible for the overall operation of the Human Resources department. The Head of Human Resources will supervise and provide consultation to individuals on compensation, benefits, training and development, and labor relations, and other HR assigned responsibilities. This position is expected to take a leadership role in developing a strong culture that enables employees to perform at the highest level possible to help our Stellar achieve its goals and objectives. The Head of HR is also responsible for the direct development and implementation of organizational development programs, employee orientation and training programs, benefits plans, policies and guidelines, database management procedures and guidelines, equal opportunity employment programs and assistance, and internal employee records and documentation procedures.
- HRBP skills and experience, experience partnering with Engineering teams is a plus
- Experience creating a competitive compensation plan
- Learning and Development experience in on-boarding, training and retaining high performing teams
- Extensive HR experience, strong business acuity, and are able to demonstrate direction and partnering to execute all areas of human resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business preferred OR PHR or SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification(s)
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience at a management level
- Experience managing Human Resources for start-ups
- Demonstrated strong understanding of state and federal employment regulations and laws
- Ability to perform and influence others in high pressure, and complex environments
- Proven Human Resources planning, project management, and organizational skills
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.