International Policy Lead
San Francisco /
Legal & Policy /
The Stellar Development Foundation is hiring a key team member on the policy team to lead the organization’s efforts and engagement strategy with central banks, multinational organizations, and thought leaders in the global blockchain and cryptocurrency space. The individual will report to the General Counsel and will coordinate closely with the Head of Policy and Government Relations to develop the company’s public policy positions, craft and execute a strategy to implement those positions, and build and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the international policymaking community.
As the SDF International Policy Lead, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for SDF to establish a voice and engage meaningfully in the global discussion about the role of blockchain technology and virtual currencies in financial inclusion through both government and industry led initiatives.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for engaging with central banks, international and multilateral organizations, trade organizations, and other key thought-leaders and stakeholders in the development of global financial policies and regulations.
- Follow (and eventually contribute to) publications from key stakeholders and thought leaders in the space.
- Draft thought leadership pieces on issues related to financial inclusion, blockchain and digital assets (including Central Bank Digital Currencies “CBDC”) adoption, and financial policy.
- Work closely with internal leaders on presentations and submissions to governmental bodies on regulations, CBDCs, and policy initiatives.
- Work closely with the engineering and business development teams to develop a strategy for engagement with central banks on CBDCs.
- Follow developments in legal, regulatory, and policy positions internationally and develop the organization's positions and comments on the same (in close coordination with the Head of Policy and Government Relations).
- Represent the organization in working groups and events with key stakeholders in the blockchain policy space (e.g. World Economic Forum).
- Speak at policy-focused events to educate policymakers and the blockchain community about issues of interest to SDF.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in international monetary/financial policy.
- Understanding of blockchain technology.
- Familiarity with the multilateral policy making environment and key stakeholders Creative thinker – an individual who has the capability to develop innovative public policy solutions for a fast-growing and evolving industry.
- Strong communicator – the ability to relay complex public policy positions in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Exceptional writer with the ability to explain complex public policy issues in a language that can be understood by government officials, policymakers, and the general public.
- A demonstrated interest in and understanding of blockchain, technology, and/or international financial policy.
- An independent worker, who is comfortable working remotely, if necessary.
- Detail-oriented individual – we need someone who can drill down into the details of laws, regulations, guidance, and legislation and explain these details to others.
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.