We are seeking a General Counsel to lead our legal team and help SDF navigate the still-developing legal and regulatory landscape surrounding blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. You will also help manage corporate legal functions, partner with internal stakeholders, advise on product design, drive policy strategy, and obtain and oversee the work of internal and external counsel.
- Serve as a key legal advisor on all areas of our business and help us achieve our product and business objectives in a legally compliant and ethical manner
- Shape our regulatory strategy and lead regulatory engagement
- Review laws, regulations, executive orders, standards, and other regulatory and policy guidance and developments for business and product impact
- Advise on corporate matters including employment, board resolutions, equity compensation, and entity structure
- Manage the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Manage day-to-day legal matters, such as employment issues, internal policies, insurance, etc. Manage and coordinate with internal and external counsel on all of the above
- 10+ years of corporate and/or regulatory experience, with a particular preference for previous work in financial technology and/or financial regulation
- A desire to work on legal problems of first impression combined with business-minded thinking and the ability to provide practical guidance
- Ability and desire to thrive and innovate in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong communicator in writing and in person
- High level of personal integrity and ethics and proven dedication to excellence
- Interest in the practical applications of blockchain and cryptocurrency
- A JD and active membership in at least one state bar, preferably CA or NY
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.