Interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented, experienced and hands-on Grants Manager to join our team in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the Foundation’s institutional grant program including screening and processing of grant awards and on-going awardee engagement. You’ll work closely with our partnerships and developer ecosystem teams to ensure a great experience for all of our grant recipients and you’ll play a major role in advising and evolving our various grant programs over time.
- Own the SDF grant application pipeline, including ongoing application review, applicant communication, and processing of grant awards.
- Lead the presentation of screened applications to the SDF Grants Committee for review and award deliberation as well as serve as a liaison between applicants and the Grant Committee.
- Track grant awards and provide regular engagement with award recipients throughout the entire grant lifecycle.
- Scope and advocate for the continuous development of grant tracking tools for both SDF and grant recipients.
- Oversee grant workflow processes and maintain applicant and award databases to ensure accountability via accurate collection and reporting of grants data.
- Build processes to meaningfully evaluate the impact and effectiveness of individual grants as well as the broader grant programs at SDF.
- Support the authoring of annual reports on SDFs grant programs.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in grant management, investment fund management, or project management.
- You have exceptional organizational skills and are highly detail oriented.
- You’re an effective researcher and you are skilled at interpreting and synthesizing market opportunities in a continuously evolving regulatory environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you have a proven ability to successfully engage internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a high degree of technical aptitude and you have a passion for Stellar's technology.
- You have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and financial inclusion.
- You're flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You have a strong set of ethics and professional judgement.
Bonus points if:
- You have additional experience in operations or partnerships/customer management.
- You have a strong passion for financial inclusion.
- You can speak more than one language fluently.
- You're curious and tenacious, with an infectiously positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to being successful.
Stellar is an open network for sending and exchanging value of any kind. Our global network enables digitization of assets - from carbon credits to currencies - and enables movement around the internet with ease. In doing so, it’s faster, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than alternative platforms, and it empowers users and organizations to create a global, dependable network of trust while maintaining decentralization.
About the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) was founded in 2014 by Jed McCaleb. We consider Stellar the “platform of the people” — building world-class, decentralized, and open-source technology that’s accessible and affordable to everyone. We believe that our technology and mission enables our diverse developer ecosystem to build innovative and transformative technologies on top of Stellar. Most of all, we firmly believe that we are building the financial system of the future - and that at the heart of it should be an inclusive culture.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.