College Internship Opportunities
Dallas, TX /
Stevens Transport, Inc. – College Grads & Interns /
Stevens Transport, North Americas Premier Refrigerated Transportation Company, resides in the heart of Dallas, Texas. Servicing a prestigious list of Fortune 500 companies, Stevens specializes in transporting time-sensitive, temperature-controlled, and dry-expedited commodities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. For over 40 years, Stevens has been recognized as an industry leader in the Logistics and Supply Chain arena offering multi-modal transportation solutions and has never had a layoff.
WHY STEVENS TRANSPORT:
Family is a top priority at Stevens and those values are integrated into everything we do, every day. We understand that the most important “assets” are the people that support our continuous growth and success. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
Stevens welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking individuals from all backgrounds and experience levels. We offer a wide variety of opportunities across all departments and divisions. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a debt-free transportation and logistics conglomerate, come join the over 750 corporate family members.
THE ROLE: We are continuously in search of the brightest and best from College & University Programs across the nation to bring on as departmental paid interns. Under the umbrella of Stevens Transport Companies, we have a variety of companies & departments that allow experience for select college students who may want to focus their career in the Transportation industry upon graduation.
General degree path alignments with roles in Stevens Transport Companies:
Internship opportunity areas in Stevens Transport Companies:
- Special Projects
- Departmental Support
- Pre-Manager in Training
Internship opportunities by Companies/Departments:
- Paragon (Maintenance Organization) - Total service and maintenance shop for all Stevens Company as well as owner operated trucks and trailers
- Stevens Total Logistics - Includes regional and national brokerage teams for coordination of third-party logistics relationships
- Stevens Transport Contractor Division - Includes all contractor business advisory, accounting assistance and insurance support
- Accounting & Finance - Accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, fixed assets, corporate tax, implementation, or integration projects
- Operations - Fleet management, capacity planning, account management
- Sales & Sales Support - includes yield management, pricing and rates, business development
- Human Resources - includes corporate recruiting and employee relations
- Safety and Risk - insurance and compliance
- Fuel department - efficiency reporting and analysis
- Marketing and Media - includes social media, website, internal publications, branding
- Information Technology - includes EDI, business analysis, technology project management
- PMO - Corporate Project Management Office (special projects for corporate initiatives)
- Driver Recruiting - includes inside and field recruiting, and employment verifications teams
- Current college student
- High aptitude for learning and growth
Highly Beneficial Qualifications:
- Internship experience in Transportation/Logistics industry
- Recommendation from college professor, internship organization or previous work history
If you are a driven individual who thrives in an environment poised for growth for an already long-standing industry leading organization, then come make the Stevens Transport family of companies your new home.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Supplemental, and Life Insurances available + 401(k) retirement plan and quarterly match.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified candidates are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability, or any other protected group status.