We're looking for an exceptional founding technical writer!
You will be our first and founding content creator: help plan and execute our content strategy from zero to wow 🚀 You'll be part of Stigg's founding team, reporting to the Director of Product.
What will be your primary goals 🎯
- You will apply your writing and technical skills to create compelling content that shows developers, product managers and pricing managers how to use Stigg to solve their toughest monetization problems
- Collaborate closely with R&D, Product and Marketing teams to ensure all day-to-day content activities are running smoothly and develop an effective feature documentation
- Write high-impact documentation for Stigg, and all related packaging and pricing operations, including integration, deployment and configuration guidance for developers, user guidance for product/growth managers, API and command references, tutorials, walkthroughs, sample apps, and best practices guides.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams to create best practices, onboarding material and other scenario-based guidance
- Own, establish, plan and execute our doc site infrastructure and information architecture - define how information should be documented and presented to our customers and select the right tooling to maintain and continually improve our docs
- Edit content and manage approvals - edit content contributed by R&D for technical accuracy, grammar, usage, adherence to style and fit within the information architecture
- Manage contributed articles through technical review, content edits and publication
- Build all the supporting materials to enable an exceptional self-serve experience 🎮
What we think can help you achieve your goals 🏆
- Technical background that will allow you to quickly learn the nature of our product and its technical aspects: API, SDK, CLI, Deployment methods, integration considerations and more.
- You must be passionate about writing, with a focus on clarity, straightforward storytelling, and an information architect’s approach to organizing material.
- It will be a fast-paced environment as we grow at an unprecedented rate. However, you will never waver in your dedication to detail or your desire to advocate for our customers.
- Experience documenting SDKs, APIs and similar tools
- 3+ years documenting cutting-edge technologies for developers or equivalent work experience (as a software developer, product manager for example)
- Mastery of the tools of the technical writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding (or intuition!) of the rules of grammar and usage
- You are resourceful, scrappy and able to deal with ambiguity on what do and how to do it.
- Feel comfortable communicating and working in a team, involving multiple different stakeholders and comforting different agendas, needs and expectations
- Basic proficiency in HTML, lightweight markup and Git
- Understanding of cloud and distributed infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills and obsession with technical accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to understand and test code samples in one of the following: Node.JS, Java, Python
- Experience in developing short tutorial videos
- Experience in creating effective and attractive diagrams
- Basic SQL proficiency and understanding of relational databases