Senior Food Scientist - Researcher
R&D – Food Scientist /
So what are we all about?
Stockeld Dreamery was founded in 2019 by entrepreneur Sorosh Tavakoli and food scientist Anja Leissner in Stockholm, Sweden. Stockeld’s first vision is to create the world’s most ambitious cheese. What does that mean? A cheese without cow’s dairy that is superior in taste and nutrition, constantly striving to use our planet’s resources wisely, accessible to all yet one of the top preferred cheeses by chefs and restaurants. Simply put, the world’s most ambitious cheese.
We continue to grow our R&D team
After two years of R&D we have now launched our first product with a very positive response from the market! Taking this first step is scary but at the same time super exciting. With two more products to be launched the coming year and with many more to come, we are dedicated to continue to build a first class R&D team. With the existing team, we have the competencies and capacity needed for driving NPD and we are therefore looking to complement the team with a dedicated Food Researcher.
As a Food Researcher you will be part of the very core of our company. From researching new areas in food technology to evaluating your findings in the lab, you will work with researching new ingredients, processes and packaging alternatives as well as supporting the new product development projects.
The majority of your time will be spent researching and evaluating your findings and ideas in the laboratory, where you will be planning, designing and executing relevant experiments. The focused research projects will differ based on the current objectives of the company and your own ideas. You will collaborate with the product development and be involved in different projects depending on your expertise and interest, it could be in formulations, sensory evaluations or nutritional calculations.
What you'll get to do
- Researching new areas in food technology to evaluating your findings in the lab.
- You will work with researching new ingredients, processes and packaging alternatives as well as supporting the new product development projects.
- The focused research projects will differ based on the current objectives of the company and your own ideas.
- You will collaborate with the product development and be involved in different projects depending on your expertise and interest, it could be in formulations, sensory evaluations or nutritional calculations.
- You will be planning, designing and executing your relevant experiments
What you'll need to be successful
- Have a degree in Food Science, Chemical / Biotech Engineering or similar field
- We do expect you to be as comfortable in the laboratory as you are behind the computer and love to put your research to good use.
- Couple of years experience of laboratory research on food products.
- Ideally you have had gained first experience of working in the industrial sector and have knowledge in complex food systems, nutrition and food safety
- It's a great plus if you are especially familiar with surface and colloid chemistry, protein design or fermentation and eager to fill in any blanks.
• Join one of the fastest growing plant-based startups in Europe!
• Be a part of cheese-revolution and be an integral part of reducing human impact through a more sustainable way of eating cheese. This could be your opportunity to make a change. Being part of the team means that you will contribute towards a healthier planet by developing truly differentiated food products.
• Have a real stake in Stockeld through our employee option program
• Join a startup with a solid financial foundation, lead by experienced and senior leadership
Diversity is the key to our success
The challenges we are trying to solve have not yet been solved and we believe that having a team with a wide diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is key for us to develop a superior product for our customers. We value uniqueness and the skills you bring to our mission - creating the world's most ambitious cheese.
We encourage you to refrain from including any pictures, personal information (e.g. birthdate) or geographical locations in your application. All we look at is your professional experience.
Please submit your application in English.