R&D – Food Scientist /
So what are we all about?
Stockeld Dreamery was founded in 2019 by entrepreneur Sorosh Tavakoli and food scientist Anja Leissner in Stockholm, Sweden. Stockeld’s first vision is to create the world’s most ambitious cheese. What does that mean? A cheese without cow’s dairy that is superior in taste and nutrition, constantly striving to use our planet’s resources wisely, accessible to all yet one of the top preferred cheeses by chefs and restaurants. Simply put, the world’s most ambitious cheese.
We continue to grow our R&D team
After two years of R&D we have now launched our first product with a very positive response from the market! Taking this first step is scary but at the same time super exciting. With plenty of more products to be developed and launched, we are dedicated to continue to build a first class R&D team and evolve. We are therefore looking to complement the team with a dedicated and experienced Food Scientist that will be the technical lead in our New Product Development.
As a Food Scientist you will be part of the very core of our Stockeld Dreamery. You will lead the technical development of products and be involved in everything from generating new ideas to evaluating and scaling your findings.
You will be responsible for the product from the R&D perspective all the way from dream to table. The R&D team will support and advise you in focused research projects and other areas of their respective expertise and you will collaborate with our safety and quality expert. You will work very closely with the Product Manager in your product team as you are setting deadlines, determining product specifications and constructing product road maps following Stockeld Dreamery’s product development phase-gate methodology.
The majority of your time will be spent focusing on NPD where you will be leading a product and evaluating existing technologies (technical scoping) as well as discovering new opportunities and testing your hypothesis in the lab as you are formulating recipes and designing production processes to be further evaluated in pilot and large scale production. You will collaborate with the production team and be in charge of scaling of recipes and processes throughout the different stages in product development.
What you´ll get to do:
- Use technical expertise, assortment analysis and innovative thinking to develop products that are differentiated by the way of technology, taste experience and nutritional profile
- Determine product specifications based on technical data/understanding and develop and scale prototypes
- Collaborate with the Product Manager in commercialising products from dream to launch
- Understanding of the competitive environment, emerging technology and the strategic directions in Stockeld Dreamery
- Designing and running pilot trials and research new ingredients, processes and packaging solutions
- Act on consumer feedback in identifying and implementing modifications of ingredients, formulations, packaging and processes to achieve business goals of launching new products or improving existing product portfolio
What you'll need to be successful:
- Have a degree in Food Science or a similar field
- We expect you to be comfortable in the laboratory, behind the computer and in collaborating with other functions with a love to put your ideas and findings to good use
- Couple of years’ experience of New Product development of food products·Ideally you have had gained first experience of working in the industrial sector and have knowledge in complex food systems, nutrition and food safety
- It's a great plus if you are especially familiar with plant based foods
• Join one of the fastest growing plant-based startups in Europe!
• Be a part of cheese-revolution and be an integral part of reducing human impact through a more sustainable way of eating cheese. This could be your opportunity to make a change. Being part of the team means that you will contribute towards a healthier planet by developing truly differentiated food products.
• Have a real stake in Stockeld through our employee option program
• Join a startup with a solid financial foundation, lead by experienced and senior leadership
Diversity is the key to our success
The challenges we are trying to solve have not yet been solved and we believe that having a team with a wide diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is key for us to develop a superior product for our customers. We value uniqueness and the skills you bring to our mission - creating the world's most ambitious cheese.
We encourage you to refrain from including any pictures, personal information (e.g. birthdate) or geographical locations in your application. All we look at is your professional experience.
Please submit your application in English.