Food Service Sales Manager US
New York /
Commercial – Sales & Business development /
Stockeld Dreamery, who?
Stockeld’s first vision is to create the world’s most ambitious cheese. What does that mean? A cheese without cow’s dairy that is superior in taste and nutrition, constantly striving to use our planet’s resources wisely, accessible to all yet one of the top preferred cheeses by chefs and restaurants. Simply put, the world’s most ambitious cheese. That’s the first vision and category but our ambitions go beyond this. We are now expanding to the US market and shortly after that to even more.
Having developed the world's best cream cheese, we are launching it across both Food service and Retail in parallel in Sweden. We have seen tremendous interest, especially from the Food Service channel as our product is proving potent for a number of applications, not only as a spread on bagels and sandwiches, but also in cooking and baking. Therefore, we are now launching the Food Service channel in the US with a huge pipeline of bagel shops, bakeries and restaurants.
We are looking for a Food Service Sales Manager to take lead of this launch. The job includes both developing and executing our Food Service Strategy with our CEO & Head of Marketing.
The overall goal of this position is to build a base of high-quality food service business in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn that establishes our product in the New York Metro area. We need a high-energy, focused individual to build a purposeful plan to be featured in key bagel shops, bakeries and restaurants throughout the city…and then go out and execute, store by store. As the base plan is achieved, there is tremendous opportunity to grow with the business and manage larger, regional accounts.
What you’ll get to do
- Thoughtfully plan out the best food service accounts to target in order to create the most attention for the brand
- Execute that plan by prospecting the accounts, dropping off samples, negotiating sales deals and overseeing the successful launch and reorders of product
- Manage field marketing initiatives that drive rate of sale in key accounts
- Manage In-store marketing to increase brand visibility
- Managing all plans and sales calls with a CRM tool to stay organized and allow for others on the team to jump in when necessary
Few things you’ll need to be successful
- Experience in NYC Food Service Sales - 3+ years working and living in NYC selling to restaurants and/or retailers that has allowed you to build a network of buyers and solid selling skills
- Experience with Food Distributors - Working with, motivating and inspiring the teams throughout the city that sell hundreds of products into restaurants so that your product stands out Sales Strategy Experience
- Being able to develop a plan to achieve our business goals that is efficient and effective
- Strong relationship builder - Making the type of first impression with chefs and owners that builds the foundation for strong relationships that quickly expand the visibility of the brand
- The right attitude - Positive energy, ambition, curiosity, perseverance and humbleness are vital to succeeding at Stockeld
Salary range $75k-$90k+equity
Join one of the fastest-growing plant-based startups in Europe with a solid financial foundation, led by experienced and senior leadership! Join the cheese-revolution and be an integral part of reducing human impact through a more sustainable way of eating cheese. Have a real stake in Stockeld through our employee option program.
Diversity is the key to our success
The challenges we are trying to solve have not yet been solved and we believe that having a team with a wide diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is key for us to develop a superior product for our customers. We value uniqueness and the skills you bring to our mission - creating the world's most ambitious cheese.
We encourage you to refrain from including any pictures, personal information (e.g. birthdate) or geographical locations in your application. All we look at is your professional experience.
Please submit your application in English.