Intern - Data Analytics
Palo Alto, CA /
Product Management /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs. Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
An opportunity to kickstart your career!
As an Intern for Data Analytics at Stockpile:
- You will be a part of our growing data team. Our team is focusing on building our data-driven culture and improving the product experience for thousands of Stockpile customers.
- You are going to develop (if not yet) the passion for simplifying investing and helping millions of people achieve their financial goals.
You will experience a hands-on learning to:
- Improve our analytics practices: Help us mature from one-off tactics to repeatable processes. Define requirements with our teams across to board to improve our analytics capabilities.
- Understand Stockpile customers and the product: Analyze product features, journey, life cycles. Work with our team to understand our customers’ pain points and help us prioritize.
- Support our teams: Partner with cross-functional teams and leadership team. Build context and ask smart questions. Help set team goals. Define, document, monitor, and forecast key metrics. Perform root cause analyses on key metrics.
- Be an expert in data: Turn business problems into defined discovery plans. Leverage data from different sources — sometimes not connected. Work confidently with clean and messy data. Tell compelling stories and build impactful visualizations. Present insights to peers and executives and learn to guide our team to make the best possible decisions.
To qualify, you must have:
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Some knowledge with analytical SQL queries (e.g., inner/left/right joins, CTEs, and window functions). Exposure in a major analytics/visualization platform (e.g. Mode, Looker), scripting in a notebook environment, preferably using Python, Pandas, and Jupyter. Understanding of using a product or events analytics platform — e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, or an A/B testing tool — e.g. Optimizely, Google Optimize.
- Previous internship or experience in analytics role.
- Technical Education: Completing an undergraduate or master’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics) graduating in 2022.
- Soft Skills: Curious; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator across technical and business audiences. Passion for data, discovery, and problem-solving.A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Learn from and contribute to an exciting business space that helps new investors achieve their goals in managing their stock investments. Apply now.
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.