Trade Operations Specialist
Palo Alto, CA /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs.
Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
As a Cashiering Ops Specialist on the team, you will manage a variety of inquiries
relating to Asset transfers, checks/wire deposits and withdrawals, and ACH
deposits and withdrawals. You must have a high level of attention to detail,
customer service skills, and knowledge of the financial environment.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states: NY, NJ, AZ, FL, LA.
- Process customer money movement requests for ACH transactions
- Assist with trade executions or cancellations of open orders upon customer request
- Monitor daily risk/margin call reports and perform account liquidations
- Research customer trade inquiries, correct potential trade errors and work with clearing firm to mitigate trading risk and exposure
- Maintain list of securities held within the Security Master List by adding updating, and removing Securities related information such as symbol, CUSIP and company name, as needed
- Prepare daily Corporate Action announcements and processing of various events (tender offers, elections, rights offerings) and assist with client inquiries and requests.
- Perform routine and scheduled operational tasks such as report reviews, file transfers, customer monitoring, and other assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner
- FINRA Series 7 and 63
- Experience in brokerage equity trading
- Detail and process oriented, work with numbers comfortably and maintain a high degree of accuracy and the integrity of the data
- Operations experience, especially with cashiering, trade desk functions, and corporate actions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities and proficiency with Excel
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in a time sensitive/deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks as well as daily deliverables, and able to work under pressure and time constraints with a sense of urgency
- Ability to exercise independent thought and judgement while adapting to new tasks with little notice
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in business experience preferred, but not required
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care) and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Workstations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we’re back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.