Client Service/Operations Representative
Palo Alto, CA or Remote (Selected US States) /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs.
Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
YOU CAN MAKE A MEANINGFUL IMPACT BY
- Providing assistance to online Customers by answering phone calls, responding to emails and live chats within a fast-paced call center environment
- Troubleshooting basic technical issues and assisting customers having trouble accessing the Stockpile offering
- Processing information associated with client account(s), research more complex issues to correct/minimize customer concerns
- Having the ability to remain flexible when required to work on multiple projects and various departmental functions
- Providing excellent customer service in a professional manner while offering unique customer solutions
- Collaborating with customer service and/or operations teams to perform required work, if needed
- Understanding, complying, maintaining, and reinforcing FINRA regulatory compliance, firm policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Performing other interesting duties assigned
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Ability to obtain FINRA 7 & 63 licenses within 6 months
- Ideally has previous customer service or operations experience in financial services or retail environment
- Working knowledge of Google Suite products and intermediate computer skills
- Typing skills: Ability to type a minimum of 20 words a minute
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Operations experience, especially in setting up new accounts and cashiering functions, is a plus
- Has strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, accuracy and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience preferred
Aside from the required skills, we’re looking for someone who
- Exhibits passion, desire, and willingness to deliver an exceptional customer experience during each and every customer interaction
- Is a quick learner, willing to provide in-depth information regarding our product offering, understand and answer brokerage account and trading inquiries, clearly explain policies and services via telephone and written correspondence
- Approaches all job responsibilities, with a sense of urgency, throughout the entire work shift
- Has the ability to handle a large number of phone calls with an upbeat and optimistic demeanor daily
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care) and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Work stations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we are back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.