Client Service/Operations Representative
Palo Alto, CA /
Stockpile is the easy and affordable way to buy stock. With Stockpile, you can buy fractional shares of stock in publicly traded companies. Rather than buying an entire share of stock, you can get just the amount you want. This means you can buy $25 of Amazon stock even though 1 share costs more than $2000.
We have also invented the world’s first gift card for stock! For the first time ever, you can buy $25, $50, and $100 Stockpile gift cards off the gift card rack at selected retail stores or send e-gifts from our website (stockpile.com) or mobile app.
Stockpile simplifies investing.
This role requires flexibility - a willingness to take on daily tasks in potentially multiple departments and job functions as needed. The ability to be proactive, go above and beyond to satisfy our clients. Must be comfortable discussing company product offerings and focusing on customer retention.
The ideal candidate will have previous customer service or operations experience in a financial services or retail environment. Must be a quick learner, willing to provide in-depth information regarding our product offering, ability to understand and answer brokerage account and trading inquiries, clearly explain policies and services via telephone and written correspondence. Relationship building and customer retention techniques are essential to be successful in this position
- Provide assistance to online customers by answering phone calls, responding to emails and live chats within a fast paced call center environment.
- Troubleshoot basic technical issues and assist customers having trouble accessing the Stockpile offering.
- Process information associated with client account(s), research more complex issues to correct/minimize customer concerns
- Ability to remain flexible when required to work on multiple projects and various departmental functions
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional manner while offering unique customer solutions
- May be asked to collaborate with customer service and/or operations teams to perform required work
- Understand, comply, maintain and reinforce FINRA regulatory compliance, firm policies, procedures and guidelines
- Other duties assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to obtain FINRA 7 & 63 licenses within 6 months.
- Exhibit passion, desire and willingness to deliver an exceptional customer experience during each and every customer interaction.
- Effectively recognize the opportunity to retain customers and proactively cross sell Stockpile products and services.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite products and intermediate computer skills.
- Typing skills: Ability to type minimum of 20 words a minute.
- Professional writing skills with good grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to handle large number of phone calls with upbeat demeanor daily.
- Operations experience, especially in setting up new accounts and cashiering functions, would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex financial concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment. This includes the ability to have a comfortable work from home set up.
- Flexibility to handle multiple customer issues while working under strict time constraints.
- Organizational skills, detail oriented, accuracy and efficiency are critical qualities to service customer needs in this position.
- Strong communicator who can effectively process customer requests in a timely efficient manner.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and highly efficient.
- Approach all job responsibilities, with a sense of urgency, throughout the entire work shift.
- Ability to exercise independent thought and judgment while adapting to new tasks with little notice.
- Solid interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work with others, coachable, and thrive in a healthy and collaborative work atmosphere.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
Our Company Perks
*Benefits offering similar to that of big companies that include health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care) and Commuter.
*Work stations that prioritize your need and comfort.
*Continuous learning and career development coaching.
*Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the excitement of a startup environment.
*Very supportive and collaborative organization.
And, when we are in the office not constrained by a deadly virus...
*Daily continental breakfast and lunch; special lunch catered on Tuesdays.
*A variety of snacks, drinks, and munchies to your delight.
*Happy hour, movie afternoon, and other company events that you can get involved to plan.
Exciting times ahead at Stockpile, grow your career with us!
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.