Palo Alto, CA /
Product Management /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs. Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
The Data Analyst will support our leadership and functional department teams with data analysis. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product, customer, market, and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The role uses a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product, marketing, and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
Requirements to be successful for the role
- Bachelor’s in a technical/quantitative field, Master’s degree preferred
- Financial service and, if possible, brokerage industry experience preferred
- Expert level abilities in SQL, Python, and BI tools (i.e., Mode, Tableau, Looker)
- Coding experience with several languages is a huge advantage
- Experience with ETL development using tools like DBT, Fivetran, etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams; Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Vero, Intercom, etc.
- Experience with model building and automation preferred
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care), and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Workstations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we’re back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.