Social Media Strategist + Producer
SF Bay Area or Remote (Selected US States) /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs. Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
Stockpile is seeking a social visionary who is ready to grow our social media presence as a strong platform for our brand. Working closely with and reporting to Stockpile's Head of Content and Communications, the Social Strategist + Producer will have experience scaling impactful social programming with high editorial and production standards to connect with audiences, building community and engagement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of audience-focused social platforms that embody editorial, digital, and brand excellence
- Spearhead and implement social media strategies with a data-driven mindset for Stockpile, while working cross-functionally with team members, such as with product, customer care, and compliance to meet brand and business goals, as well as regulatory standards
- Develop and drive social media goals to achieve results while producing and releasing daily content on a timely schedule
- Create and execute a cross-platform content calendar for social media, across all channels, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, and any future strategically relevant emerging platforms
- Produce, package, and program multi-format content needs for social, including writing posts and curating or developing visuals with an eye and commitment to creative excellence that generates engagement through storytelling that inspires, informs, and leads to action
- Contributes to omnichannel marketing plans for owned, earned, and paid media for a range of promotions and campaigns with key social integrations
- Shapes and launches an influencer program along with other key brand partnerships that will drive brand awareness, engagement, and positive sentiment, as well as contribute to acquisition and conversion
- Cultivates and champions best practices and governance for growth, engagement, and conversion, as well as community building and management
- Generates and communicates reports with meaningful insights from internal metrics to competitive analyses and market research
- Help expand the brand guidelines for social media channels while ensuring a commitment to the expression of that voice and tone across posts with both text and visuals
- Crafts documentation and briefs around processes, strategy, tactics, and projects. Develops benchmarks, measuring actions against results in after-action reviews, conducting marketing team postmortems
- Responds to all inbound traffic and comments, in addition to handling outbound traffic, balancing proactive and reactive business needs related to nurturing the audience and customers, while liaising with customer care as required
- Plans original creative with internal stakeholders and/or vendors for photo and video shoots and produced art to meet production requirements to support the calendar creation that aligns with social goals
- Maintains a content library for organic and paid social media usage. Navigate a deadline-driven environment with efficiency, flexibility, attention to detail, and ownership of the work
- BA degree or equivalent relevant social media and professional writing experience
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in social media production, strategy, and management
- Driven, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic, a champion of your platforms
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects, prioritize, and deliver against clear business goals and deadlines
- Strong critical-thinking skills with proven problem-solving expertise to drive growth, engagement, and conversion
- Strong understanding of social analytics and developing insights with a track record of achieving data-driven results
- Produces content that meets high editorial standards for storytelling and service while also being on-brand, accurate, and in-depth
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative spirit with the ability to work cross-functionally to understand Stockpile's priorities and help translate them into actionable initiatives
- Expertise in building and leveraging relationships with content creators and influencers on social media and the ability to quickly adapt to the ever-changing influencer landscape
- Proficient in social media best practices and using management tools across channels
- Strong knowledge of photo/video editing and graphic design
- Experience with or a passion for parenting, lifestyle, and/or beginner-investing content is a plus
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care), and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Work stations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we are back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.