Staff Accountant - Part-time Contractor
Palo Alto, CA /
Temporary Part Time
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs. Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
- Record journal entries as needed.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable using Bill.com.
- Assist with credit and debit card and bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile Bill.com invoices and bills and verify balances to general ledger
- Participate in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables monthly close process
- Execute routine month-end accounting functions (recording of accruals, balance sheet
- account reconciliations, etc.)
- Record of related journal entries, prepaids and fixed assets schedule.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process.
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas related to
- invoice process.
- Interface with other company staff to respond to internal and external client-related requests.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances.
- Work with other accounting staff.
- Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results.
What the Job Requires
- 1-2 years of experience as an accountant, preferably in the Fintech industry.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks and payables
- systems like Bill.com.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Degree in Accounting, or Finance or relevant
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care), and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Work stations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we are back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.