Palo Alto, CA /
Stockpile is the easy and affordable way to buy stock. Stockpile's mission is to simplify investing. A significant percentage of the population has never had a chance to own stock because it’s intimidating and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be that way! At Stockpile, we’ve broken down the barriers to stock ownership by offering fractional shares of more than 2,500 companies such as Amazon, Apple, and Disney to name a few. With fractional shares, you can buy as little as $5 of Amazon stock even though 1 share costs more than $3,000. And, we invented the world’s first gift card for stock which can be found at major retailers and our website.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our team comes from companies like PayPal, Intuit, VISA, and Ally. We’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others. We’re building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission, and would love to talk to you!
Stockpile simplifies investing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a software engineer on Stockpile’s Backend team, you will be building and contributing to a variety of components that make up the core of our product. Given the size of our engineering team, your contributions will have a high impact on both the Company and our customers. In addition to growing your technical and engineering skills, you will also increase your knowledge of the financial industry by receiving a behind the scenes look into how the U.S. financial systems work.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement, test, and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment.
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs to be used by both customer-facing applications and internal teams.
- Live and breathe reliability and up-time.
- Consistently improve the maintainability and stability of the codebase.Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change financial investing for the better.
- Experience with Java or any other backend language (such as C, C++, C#).Experience with MySQL or any other relational database.
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms.
Our Company culture allows us to build a strong collaborative workplace. A community, even when we are working from home, promotes the value of supporting one another no matter what the circumstance is - a priceless perk. Explore the opportunity with us and we'll show you.
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.