Backend Java Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs. Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
- Design new software features using Java/Spring through agile development practices such as story-mapping, and regular stand-up meetings.
- Collaborate with product managers and team members to deliver compelling products and services
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep up-to-date on the latest technologies.
- Support the development of products for our customers, and implement new features
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends
- Help identify and resolve performance issues and customer experience issues
- Support the refactoring and improvement of the maintainability of the codebase
What We Look For
- 5+ years of strong experience in Core Java, Object-Oriented Programming, SQL, and Spring
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Passion and drive to change financial investing for the better
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related work experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement and owns the solution
Extra Credit For Experience With
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care), and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Work stations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we are back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.