Site Reliability Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Stockpile makes buying your first stock easier, taking your next step, or help someone else take theirs. Too many people never even get started investing because of all the unknowns that make the stock market intimidating. But when it comes to investing, starting is everything.
So, Stockpile makes everything easier: easier to get going, easier to get help, and easier to get it right.
We pioneered fractional share investing, stock gift cards, and custodial accounts for kids of any age. These firsts are why we’ve won various “best app” awards from Business Insider, MSN, and Forbes and why we’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our extraordinary team comes from diverse industries and backgrounds. All of us are innovators at heart. Even more importantly, we all have big hearts – not something you find every day in Silicon Valley, but it’s what keeps us energized (along with the espresso and kombucha, of course).
We’re looking for exceptional talent like you as we grow our team and to carry our vision into the future.
Let’s start something great together!
As Stockpile scales its technology, a specialized skill to deliver software reliably into production is much needed to optimize existing systems, build infrastructure and eliminate work through automation. A critical responsibility for someone to focus on understanding the potential impact of changes as they go out to production, develop tools to help debug and resolve problems in production, and provide the skills to understand the big picture of how the systems relate to each other.
- Manage deployments in AWS to support workloads and services
- Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of the applications, including availability, latency, and overall system health
- Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the platform and/or the production application(s)Work with development teams to make sure applications are production-ready, scalable, and reliable from the ground upPerform deployment, configuration changes, and integration testing of the workload and servicesDebug infrastructure/services/workloads and provide failure/root cause analysis
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at a massive scale
- Work with security team to remediate security findings and implementing security features
What We Look For
- 5+ years of AWS experience
- 5+ years of system engineering experience
- 2-3 years of DevOps experience
- Proficient in tool development using one or more programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, and C.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation and experience with DevOps automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, helm charts, Jenkins/Gitlab, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline configuration, deployment, and support
- Understanding of DBs such as MySQL, ElasticSearch.
- Deep understanding of the Linux Operating System, including Kernel, Memory, Process, Threads, Static / Shared Libraries, IPC, Signals.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, ECMP, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting, and Load Balancing strategies.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Docker / Kubernetes experience Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Has general security awareness to support security remediation related to infrastructure
- Must have strong infrastructure background
What we offer aside from a competitive salary that fairly recognizes your experience and potential:
- Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the exciting atmosphere of a startup
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first
- A supportive and collaborative workplace
- Health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, FSA (Health and Dependent Care), and Commuter
- We care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge
- Work stations that prioritize your needs and comfort
- Continuous learning and career development coaching
And once we are back at the office (on-site), we provide:
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch; a special catered lunch on Tuesdays
- A well-stocked pantry filled with snacks, drinks, and munchies
- Happy hour, afternoon movies, and other fun company events
Start something new with us and apply for this role!
Stockpile | Starting is everything™
Stockpile is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Third-Party recruiters are NOT allowed to submit unsolicited resumes to this posting or directly to any Stockpile employees. Please be aware that Stockpile is not responsible for any candidate submitted without prior agreement.