Senior Data Analyst
At Stockwell, we are using design and technology to build the world’s largest retailer. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We’re looking for a data analytics professional to join our retail team and help develop our growing business intelligence capabilities. Our ideal candidate is someone who has strong analytics experience and has demonstrated the ability to enable data-driven business decisions by leveraging existing analytics platforms as well as building out custom data architecture from scratch. He/She is fluent in data analysis, including experimentation, data visualization, defining KPIs, and communication around data to inform the success of the business.
Stockwell is different in that we’re a consumer-facing company with machine learning baked into our DNA. As a result, in your day-to-day you will be using and contributing to the design of analytics tools and retail processes powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Your job is to use your expertise in business intelligence and leverage Stockwell's proprietary technology to accelerate business growth and strengthen our understanding of and ability to delight the Stockwell user.
- Own the development, and maintenance of business intelligence platform, KPI reporting and dashboards
- Leverage data sets to provide insightful analysis and strategic recommendations to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Function as the technical go-to person on the retail team on various retail initiatives that are cross-functional in nature such as product lifecycle management, customer lifetime value and user engagement tracking
- Translate strategic initiatives into detailed product specifications and project milestones
- Work with cross-functional partners to catalyze product development and drive execution
- Support data roadmaps and lead thinking on step change improvements to existing retail tools and analytics
- Support engineering initiatives with the objective of data quality improvement, new data capture, data feed management and platform upgrades for more efficient data consumption and application
- Recognize and adopt best practices in business intelligence reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or Finance) with 5 to 7+ years of practical experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence roles
- Experience with data engineering & statisticsExperience writing complex queries and report automation
- Experience with SQL, Tableau and Powerpoint
- Comfortable building presentation materials to tell a clear story
- Related advanced degree or MBA
- Experience in retail and/or dotcom
- Experience with syndicated data such as Nielsen or IRI
- Experience in Management Consulting