At Stockwell, we are reimagining brick and mortar retail from the ground up by shrinking the store and bring it to where people already are -- where they live, work, and play. Our stores curate the relevant slice of a store for the unique locations they’re placed within, and because we use computer vision to recognize what items customers choose, we can sell anything out of our stores.
At Stockwell, we believe that good design is core to how we engage with our customers and partners. We are searching for a mid to senior-level brand-oriented graphic designer to join our design team. The ideal candidate will execute Stockwell's brand across print and online media. You have a sketchbook full of fresh ideas and find inspiration in unlikely places. You also think holistically and are equally excited by design systems, strategic design, and solving complex communication problems in ways that are sharp, engaging, and fun for anyone to understand.
- Degree in Design (e.g., graphic design, visual communications) or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design. Retail design experience is a plus.
- A strong portfolio of typography, layout, graphics/illustrations that demonstrate consistent brand excellence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of print production, photo retouching, and color-correction. Animation or motion graphics experience a plus.
- Familiarity with design software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate design decisions.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements.
- This role will report into the head of design and initially support our marketing and sales efforts across business and consumer audiences.
- Collaborate with marketing, retail, and sales to produce designs for partners and customers.
- Collaborate with product and industrial designers to ensure consistent branding across media and experiences.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements. Develop illustrations, layouts, and other designs using software or by hand.
- Deliverables will include sales and marketing collateral, print signage, event materials, and media for social, online advertising and email campaigns.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Work to deadlines and be able to self-manage your time and deliverables.
- Art direct photographers, illustrators or other vendors when needed.