Operations Associate - Warehouse (Hayward)
At Stockwell (www.stockwell.ai), we are using design and technology to build the world’s largest retailer. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work, and play, and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build, and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless, checkout experience.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated individual to join our Operations team as a part-time operations associate working in our warehouse. Your main responsibilities will be to pack shipments for delivery each morning and ensure the warehouse is properly maintained. Looking for team players who are respectful, hardworking, and have excellent attendance records. Retail/merchandising experience a plus.
It's a great job with a fun team. We have flexible hours and you will be paid for all training. We are currently hiring for 4 warehouse shifts each week. Shifts are 6-7 hours long so you will be looking at getting paid approximately 24-30 hours per week.
- The pay is $18 per hour.
- You will be paid during training.
- Some packages can be as heavy as 30-40 pounds so you must be able to carry that much weight safely.
- The warehouse is located in Hayward.
- Pack inventory for routine shipments that will be going out for delivery each day.
- Pack inventory for new stores being delivered each week.
- Backfill inventory from excess storage to the picking area.
- Cycle count inventory to ensure all inventory is up-to-date and before expiration.
- Inbound and stock inventory delivered from our vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure all cardboard is broken down and recycled properly.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Must have must have a phone with working internet.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, must be able to lift or maneuver 40 pound shipments.
- Experience in warehouse operations (2 years preferred).
- Experience in merchandising or related retail roles (1 year preferred).
- Forklift experience a plus.