City General Manager - Chicago
At Stockwell (www.stockwell.ai), we are using design and technology to build the world’s largest retailer. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We’re currently looking for City GMs for Chicago, IL, who will be in charge of the complete success of their metro area. As a successful hire, you will be responsible for building, training, and leading the full team of employees in your metro area; running all city-wide operations including the installation of new stores, fulfillment of existing stores, and management of daily warehouse operations; working cross-functionally with our retail, sales, manufacturing, engineering, and customer success teams; and executing on-the-ground marketing campaigns.
To be considered for this position, you will need a bachelor's degree in operations, supply chain, engineering, finance, or business. You will also need to have proven experience in managing complex projects and multiple employees. Experience in logistics/supply chain or as an MBA/consultant working on related projects is strongly preferred. Previous experience building teams from scratch and launching in a new city is a huge advantage. You will have a large degree of autonomy in building your metro area so only hard working, hungry, independent candidates will be considered.
City GM Responsibilities:
- Hiring, building, and leading the team for the new metro area.
- Developing comprehensive training, promotion, and incentives program for all hires.
- Communicating the metro area growth plan to executives and our board.
- Understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment, and profit-loss projections.
New Store Installation:
- Coordinating with the sales and customer success teams to ensure all client needs are met and all installs are carried out efficiently and on time.
- Coordinating site assessments of all sales locations to determine the optimal install location for each site.
- Planning, coordinating, and installing tens of new Stockwell stores every week.
- Working with marketing to create and distribute all marketing collateral during site assessments, installations, and new client launches.
Warehouse Management and Fulfillment:
- Scheduling employees to meet the needs for weekly installs and daily deliveries.
- Managing our fleet of vehicles for installations, fulfillment, and service calls.
- Optimizing pick-and-pack operations to ensure daily deliveries are packed efficiently.
- Routing, coordinating, and supporting drivers during their daily deliveries.
- Tracking and inbounding shipments from our vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinating with our retail team to ensure all retail functions are accomplished each day and all supply chain issues are resolved effectively.
- Managing liquidation processes to ensure all excess inventory is liquidated with minimal loss.
- Tightening inventory control processes around storage, auditing, and cycle counting.
- Evaluating and improving upon existing fulfillment and warehouse management processes.
- Ensuring all warehouse processes are safe and up to code.
- Working with HR to carry our routine safety training and inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, supply chain, engineering, finance, business or related field.
- Experience in supply chain and logistics (either directly or through consulting or business development experience).
- Experience in managing and training large teams of people with varied experience and skills.
- Proven experience managing projects with multiple cross functional components across different company organizations.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.