At Stockwell, we are using design and technology to rethink brick and mortar retail - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We’re currently looking for an Operations Manager in Hayward, California who will be in charge of our entire outbound operations team, from packing goods each morning to deliver them to our stores each day. As a successful hire, you will be responsible for building, training, and leading the full team of packers and drivers at our Hayward location; scheduling and coordinating day-to-day operations; managing our fleet of delivery vehicles; and working cross-functionally with our retail, sales, and customer success teams.
To be considered for this position, you will need a strong background in supply chain, operations, or last-mile delivery. You will also need to have proven experience in managing complex projects and multiple employees. Previous experience building and training teams from scratch is a huge advantage. You will be managing a large workforce, so only hard-working, pro-active candidates will be considered.
- Employee Management
- Forecast and schedule employees to meet the needs for daily packing and deliveries.
- Interview, hire, and train staff in conjunction with our HR team.
- Have good knowledge of part-time employee best practices.
- Establish training and onboarding schedule so new hires can ramp quickly.
- Track employee attendance and performance.
- Provide routine feedback on areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and employees are up-to-date on training.
- Operations Warehouse Management
- Optimize pick-and-pack operations to ensure daily deliveries are packed efficiently and on-time.
- Ensure delivery routes are scheduled and assigned daily before packers begin their shifts.
- Ensure driver collateral (keys, key fobs, and labels) are prepared and distributed to drivers each morning before their shifts.
- Coordinate and support packers and drivers throughout the day.
- Ensure the inventory for new store installs are packed ahead of their install date.
- Ensure our fleet of delivery vehicles are properly maintained, serviced, and assigned.
- Manage large cross-functional projects as they arise.
- Work with Customer Service & Sales regarding any customer or client needs/concerns.
- Work with Marketing to ensure that marketing collateral is properly deployed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in supply chain and logistics.
- Experience in managing and training large teams of people with varied experience and skills.
- Experience in retail, wholesale or related fields (preferred).
- Ability to take initiative, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Professional demeanor and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and willingness to re-prioritize according to production flow.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Gmail.