At Stockwell, we are using machine learning and computer vision to build the retail platform of the future. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play so we can curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer to round out our skill sets and help lead our growing engineering team. Our ideal candidate is someone who has built and released consumer grade mobile apps before and wants to be a vital part of building business crucial features within our current and future mobile apps.
You'll make an impact on 1 or more of these areas:
- Logistics App: A vital part of our business is to make sure our stores are well-stocked. In order to do that we need to build out high quality tools to help ensure a smooth and efficient logistics and re-stocking motion. To take this to the next level we’re building a brand new app from scratch that will set us up for success. There will be a lot green field work creating one of our most critical and well used operational features.
- Consumer App: Today our customers use our app to gain access to our stores, to view receipts, request items, and to change payment information. This just scratches the surface of what our app experience needs to be. Own and help define the product and development roadmap for managing a slew of new features.
- 3+ years of mobile app development with Android and/or iOS, experience in React Native is a big plus.
- A knack for architecture: You strive to design and implement elegant and scalable software systems.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or a related field).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as you will need to interface with functional leads in our operations, retail, and sales organizations.
- Incredibly fast learner, hungry for growth and/or ready to lead.
- A strong focus on the end user: you push for platform-intuitive experiences with every feature.
- Ability to make and articulate smart trade-offs that balance moving quickly with writing readable, reusable, and tested code.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with Django.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform.
- An interest in Advertising/Retail/CPG.
- An interest in AI and Machine Learning.
- Current on React Native best practices.
- Understanding of underlying iOS and Android frameworks and APIs.
- Understanding of mobile design and user interactions.