Stockwell exists to transform retail by replacing large, traditional stores with a platform consisting of distributed, automated stores located where people live and work, and a set of tools that facilitate new interfaces between buyers and sellers. We build and operate automated stores and tools to allow brands and retailers to get closer to their customers. First as a retailer, then as a retail platform.
If you want to be a part of the future of retail, come join us!
We’re looking for a Buyer to join our retail team and contribute to the development of the Stockwell product offering and retail business. Our ideal candidate is someone with merchandising and business intelligence experience who enjoys the challenge of buying multiple categories and has demonstrated the ability to drive sales and gross margin in a fast-paced environment.
Stockwell is different in that we’re a consumer-facing retail tech company with machine learning baked into our DNA. As a result, in your day-to-day will be using and contributing to the design of merchandising tools and processes powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Your job is to bring “art” and “science” together – using your expertise and intuition fueled by data, analytics and a passion for the Stockwell user.
- Own the Retail P & L for multiple subcategories; develop plans that drive revenue and margin improvement for the business
- Define product universe, develop pricing strategies and manage the Open-to-Buy process
- Expand current vendor selection and secure new brand partnerships for multiple subcategories
- Drive strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth
- Partner with Analytics and Planning to leverage merchandising tools and business intelligence platforms to optimize product mix and accelerate business growth
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to develop, validate and leverage location and customer insights to refine ongoing assortment development
- Create and maintain visual merchandising guidelines for product selection and placement
- 5+ years of experience creating, managing and executing end-to-end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to achieve division and category sales plan
- 4+ years developing strong brand partnerships and vendor relationships
- Customer and product centric
- Ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skillsSelf driven with an ability to execute
- CPG category management experience
- Proven ability to excel in a fast paced, startup environment
- Experience with retail analytics and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)